City of Yukon Offers Curbside Big Trash Day in November
Just in time for the holidays, all residential customers will receive a one-time free curbside bulk pickup during the week of November 18 through November 22. Your bulk pickup will occur on your normal trash day. Residents may start placing acceptable items at the curb no earlier than 6:00 pm on Friday, November 15. Acceptable items must be at the curb no later than 6:00 am on the day of your normal trash pickup day.
During the designated time period, place your big trash at your curb for pickup on your normal trash day.
Acceptable items we can pick up at the curb:
- Large and small household appliances (non-Freon), furniture, mattresses, carpet.
- Tree trimmings and branches not longer than four (4) feet or larger than six (6) inches in diameter. No commercial tree trimmings will be accepted for disposal during this event.
- All yard waste and/or loose debris must be contained in disposable containers or heavy-duty plastic bags not to exceed thirty five (35) gallon in size or fifty (50) pounds.
- Fence panels and other large items must be cut down into four (4) feet by four (4) feet pieces.
- Glass and mirrors will be picked up if they are boxed or wrapped securely and clearly marked with the word “glass” in large letters to warn pickup crew to the danger of the contents within.
Non-Acceptable Items that we can’t pick up at the curb:
- Refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners (anything that used Freon). Televisions, monitors, tires, batteries of any kind, waste oil or antifreeze from automotive maintenance. These items can be brought to the Recycle Event at 501 Ash (Transfer Station) on Saturday, April 20.
- No hazardous substances such as acids, caustics, explosives, fertilizer, fuels of any type, pressurized tanks such as propane or helium tanks, paints or solvent, pesticides or poisons, and any pool chemicals.
- Dirt, bricks, rocks, concrete, roofing materials, or uncontained sheetrock.
- Typical household garbage. Place this in your poly cart for normal removal.
Only one pass through will be made per street. To make sure your big trash is picked up, please be sure to follow the following rules:
- Do not place any items within (10) feet where an overhead obstruction is located above, such as under trees, or under overhead power lines.
- Do not place any items within (5ft) of poly carts, mail boxes, fences, utility meters, or any structure.
- Please remove all portable basketball goals and any other items that are not disposal debris from the curb line. Items left along curb on pick up day are subject to removal. The City will not be responsible for items disposed of which were left at the curb line on pickup day.
All regulations must be followed. If residents’ debris does not follow the regulations, it will not be picked up, and no notification will be given.
For more information, contact Sanitation Services at 354-4317.
Sanitation Services is one of Yukon’s best divisions. Optimism, energy and opportunity inspire the best in everything we do. To learn more about Yukon’s best, visit www.yukonok.gov or call 405-354-1895.