City of Yukon, 3 Yukon Businesses Take Home Frontier Country Awards
The 2019 Annual Frontier Country Marketing Association Awards was held on Friday, June 14, and Yukon was well-represented. The City of Yukon and three Yukon organizations won awards. And Yukon was awarded the top Tourism Community of the year!
Members of central Oklahoma’s multi-county organization were asked to submit entries in awards categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and tourism-related businesses in Frontier Country.
The following awards were awarded to Yukon organizations:
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event: Express Clydesdale Barn
- Outstanding Restaurant: Green Chile Kitchen
- Outstanding Locally Owned Business: Farfalla Wine
- Outstanding Attraction Honorable Mention: The City of Yukon, Christmas in the Park
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event: The City of Yukon, Festival of the Child
- Outstanding Tourism Community of the Year: The City of Yukon
The City of Yukon was recognized for the 20 year anniversaries of Taste of Yukon and Concerts in the Park, and the Yukon Chamber of Commerce was recognized for its 60 year anniversary.
Frontier Country Marketing Association (FCMA) is a non-profit, membership-based marketing association that promotes tourism in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. FCMA uses cooperative marketing programs, sponsorships, advertising and exclusive Frontier Country products, as well as public relations assistance, to help attractions, events or destinations reach in-state and out-of-state travelers.
Administration is one of Yukon’s best departments. Optimism, energy and opportunity inspire the best in everything we do. To learn more about Yukon’s best, visit www.yukonok.govor call 405-350-1895.