Yukon Community Center and Jackie Cooper Gym Re-open May 18th
The City of Yukon is pleased to announce that the Yukon Community Center and Jackie Cooper Gym will be open to the public as of Monday, May 18.
Parks and Recreation staff has been working hard to sanitize and prepare for re-opening. Each facility will open with regulations to keep patrons and staff as safe as possible. These regulations are subject to change as guidelines continue to change. All patrons are encouraged to maintain safe practices. The regulations for opening are as follows:
- Hours of operation: 9am to 12pm and 2pm to 6pm, Monday through Friday
- Maximum building occupancy is restricted to 25 patrons at a time.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place throughout the buildings.
- Only walking is allowed from 9am to 10am in the gyms.
- Walkers must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Facilities have hand sanitizing stations, and patrons are strongly encouraged to use them.
- Basketball is restricted to no full court, 3 on 3, or other games where players are guarding other players. There is a limit of 3 people per goal.
- All equipment is sanitized after each use. This includes basketballs, volleyballs, pool tables, ping pong, shuffle board, etc.
- The weight room is restricted to 3 people at a time. Participants must wipe down their equipment after each use. Employees will follow up with surface cleaning as each person leaves the weight room.
- Lounge areas have specific seating and must meet social distancing guidelines.
Parks and Recreation is one of Yukon’s best departments. Optimism, energy and opportunity inspire the best in everything we do. To learn more about Yukon’s best, visit www.yukonok.gov or call 405-350-8937.