City of Yukon Issues Update to Declaration of Emergency
View March 25, 2020 Updated Proclamation here.
The City of Yukon has updated their declaration of emergency due to rise in cases of coronavirus COVID-19. Mayor Mike McEachern signed the update on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, and it remains in effect through Tuesday April 14, 2020.
In addition to the previous restrictions, the updated proclamation includes the following measures, effective at 11:59 p.m. on March 25:
- Adults over the age of sixty-five (65) and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions, collectively referred to as "vulnerable individuals," shall stay in their home or place of residence except for working in a critical infrastructure sector and the conduct of essential errands.
- Essential errands shall mean those errands which are critical to everyday life and includes obtaining medication, groceries, gasoline, and visiting medical providers.
- The vulnerable population is encouraged to use delivery and/or curbside services whenever available.
- Oklahomans and medical providers in Oklahoma shall postpone all elective surgeries, minor medical procedures, and non-emergency dental procedures until April 7, 2020.
- Social gatherings of more than ten people are prohibited.
- All businesses not identified as being within a critical infrastructure sector as defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and located in a county experiencing community spread of COVID-19, as identified by OSDH on its website, shall close.
- Citizens will find a link the Homeland Security Memorandum On Identification Of Essential Infrastructure Workers on the City’s website at www.yukonok.gov/covid19.
Nothing in the provision shall prevent restaurants and bars from providing pick-up, curbside, and delivery services.
- Visitors are prohibited from entering and visiting patients and residents at nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and retirement homes.
The City of Yukon is taking these measures to limit the public’s potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Rest assured, the health and safety of its citizens is a top priority. The City will constantly monitor and reassess the situation to promote the health and safety of its citizens. Please check back with the City’s website, www.yukonok.gov/covid19, and official social media accounts for updates. For more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Center for Disease Control’s website at www.cdc.gov or the Oklahoma Department of Health’s website at www.ok.gov/health. For more information on the City’s declaration, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 405-350-3939.
Administration is one of Yukon’s best departments. Optimism, energy and opportunity inspire the best in everything we do. To learn more about Yukon’s best, visit www.yukonok.gov or call 405-354-1895.