How You Can Help Reduce Pollution
10 Easy Ways You Can Help!
- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and gutters.
- Never dump anything down storm drains or in streams.
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
- Compost your yard waste.
- Use least toxic pesticides, follow labels, and learn how to prevent pest problems.
- Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces; consider a rain garden to capture runoff.
- Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway.
- Check your car for leaks and recycle your motor oil.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Have your septic tank pumped and system inspected regularly.