501 Ash Avenue
Yukon, OK 73099
Mon - Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Transfer Station Citizen Rates
The transfer station is available for the disposal of household trash, yard waste, and rubbish by persons residing within the city limits one time per calendar month at no charge. The disposal amount is limited to no larger than a level pickup bed. To utilize your free dump, present your driver's license and current month Yukon municipal utility bill (go by the due date). The driver's license name and/or address must match the address on the utility bill.
All other haulers will be charged at the following rates and must abide by the following restrictions.
- Items contained within a passenger automobile or within the level bed of a pickup $10.00
- Items contained within a 12-foot trailer $25.00*
- Items contained within a 12-foot trailer and less than 18 feet in length $45.00*
*Trailer charges will only apply to trailers with sides not exceeding one foot in height
- All items that fall outside the above listed parameters will be assessed at a rate of $8.50 per cubic yard.
- Tires – no agricultural or off road tires and nothing larger than 25 inches will be accepted.
16.5-inches and below $5.00 per tire
17-19.5 inches $10.00 per tire
20-25 inches $15.00 per tire
- Disclosed batteries at $5.00 per battery
- Television – cathode ray tube type (CRT) $20.00 per television
- Computer monitor – cathode ray tube type (CRT) $10 per monitor
- Appliance with refrigerants (chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)) $25.00 per appliance.
***Appliances with cooling elements, such as motor vehicle air conditioners, household refrigerators and freezers, window air conditioners, water coolers, vending machines, ice makers and dehumidifiers, are subject to EPA’s safe disposal requirements. We will not accept any whole, partially dismantled, or crushed appliance or motor vehicle air conditioner for disposal without accompanying documentation of proper refrigerant removal per EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Recycling Rule. For further information, see http://www.epa.gov/ozone/downloads/SafeDisposalBrochure.pdf
- Lumber, fence panels, wood, and large sheet goods, etc. cut to no larger than 4' squares or 4' in length for lumber.
Don't Throw Hazardous Waste in the Trash
Leftover household products that contain corrosive, toxic, ignitable, or reactive ingredients are considered to be household hazardous waste (HHW). Products, such as paints, cleaners, oils, batteries, and pesticides that contain potentially hazardous ingredients require special care when you dispose of them. Disposing of HHW in your trash is dangerous. The garbage truck has to compact your trash to make room for the next stop and once full has to dump it onto the transfer station floor where your trash is then pushed down into the transfer trailer for disposal at the landfill. These operations create a very real potential to break open containers and allow the contents to mix with other chemicals in the waste stream. The resulting chemical reaction may create toxic smoke, fumes, and fire which could injure collection workers, pets, neighbors, family members, and the environment.
Disposing of Hazardous Materials
These materials are prohibited from being put with regular trash and should be disposed of at Oklahoma City's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Agency located at 1621 S. Portland.
Hours of operation are Tuesday through Friday 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m., and on Saturday 8:30-11:30 a.m. Phone: 682-7038
Bring materials in their original containers. Do not pour chemicals into a single container. If the original containers have been damaged put the container in a box lined with garbage bags.
The facility is open to Yukon residents but you must bring your Yukon Utility Bill as proof of residency. Disposal fees will be charged to your Yukon Utility Bill.
Disposal fees are:
|Less than 7.51 to 15 gallons||$79.00|
|15 to 22.5 gallons||$118.50|