Animal Control and Facility - City of Yukon

Animal Control and Facility

701 Inla Avenue Unit A
Yukon, Oklahoma 73099
405.350.4PET (4738)

10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday

10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Closed Sunday

Helpful Links: 

To view our adoptable animals or stray holds visit our Facebook page :                                 Applications for adoption can be filled out online                                                                                                                                             Dogs:          Cats:    

Barn Cats:   

The City of Yukon Animal Control and Facility and Pets and People Humane Society are two separate entities. Though both used to share a building, they are independent of each other. Neither organization can answer questions for the other and neither has information on the other's animals or procedures.

  • To reach the City of Yukon Animal Control and Facility call 405-350-4PET (4738).
  • To reach Pets and People Humane Society call 405-367-7156          


 Yukon Oklahoma Report a Lost or Found Animal



Please check our Facebook page linked below for animals recently found and in Animal Control care. Animals are listed for 5 business days then deleted.


About Yukon Animal Control & Animal Control Facility

The Yukon Animal Control Division serves the community (click for boundary map) by locating and acquiring stray domestic animals commonly found on city streets and public areas. Deceased animals are also removed from these areas and disposed of by Animal Control Officers.

Yukon Animal Control encourages responsible pet ownership and is tasked with protecting Yukon residents and visitors and the pets in our area. The Yukon Animal Control Facility accepts domestic animal turn-in's with proof of residency by providing a copy of your current City of Yukon Water Bill, your Oklahoma driver’s license or identification with matching address to the water bill and paying a fee.

Stray Animals

If Yukon Animal Control has picked up your stray or unrestrained animal, a fee will be charged for the animal's return. Stray animals picked up will be kept for up to 5 working days. You can look for lost pets on our Facebook page or call 405-350-4PET (4738). 


The Yukon Animal Control Facility is open for adoptions by appointment only.

Owner Surrender

Owner animal surrenders are by appointment only and are contingent on space available. Please fill out an application below to be placed on the waiting list. A city of Yukon utility bill and an ID with matching name and address is required to surrender an animal. Proof of current vaccinations is also required for an animal to be accepted. Animals being surrendered for the sole purpose of being euthanized will not be accepted, we do not have the staff, training or equipment to euthanize animals.

To surrender a cat, fill out the application here: 

To surrender a dog, fill out the application here:

Filling out an application, if accepted, will place your animal on the owner surrender waiting list. You will receive a call for more information and to make an appointment. Do not show up with your animal without an appointment, the animal(s) will not be accepted.


  • Animal Impound Fee is $20.00 plus $2.00 feeding fee per day per animal.
  • Animal surrender fee is $15.00 per animal, must show proof of residency by providing City of Yukon Water Bill and ID.

*If you have a lost animal or animal complaint, you can email Animal Control Officers with the animals detailed description by completing the online form above, so we can watch for it.
**We do not accept animals from residents of other municipalities.