Job Duties and Working Conditions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Performs police patrol, investigations, traffic regulation and related law enforcement activities. Protects life and property of the citizens of the community, following the mission and values of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Patrol of area.
2. Answering calls for service.
3. Investigation of criminal acts.
4. Operation of a computer terminal.
5. Operation of electronic devices.
6. Communication via mobile radio.
7. Effect arrest of violators.
8. Investigation of traffic collisions.
9. Carry out duties of the department.
10. Serve on special units.
11. Interview victims and suspects.
12. Attend training.
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
14. Work in adverse weather conditions and potentially hazardous or life threatening situations.