Parks & Recreation - Special Events
532 W. Main St.
Yukon, Oklahoma 73099
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED
Location: Yukon Police Department 100 S. Ranchwood to Yukon City Splash 2200 S. Holly Ave.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This fun ride will begin at the Yukon Police Department parking lot, 100 S. Ranchwood, and commence at Yukon City Splash, 2200 S Holly Ave. This route will utilize Yukon’s Master Phase 1 Bike Trail that will eventually be connected to Oklahoma City’s recreational trails.
- 9:00-10:00am: Door Prizes & Bike Registration.
- 10:00am: Bike Safety Taught by the Yukon Police Department.
- 10:15am: Ride Begins
- 11:00am: Ride Concludes at City Splash to kick off the summer and opening of City Splash!
- 11:00am - 12:00pm: Take a dip in the pool before it opens to the general public!
This Community Ride is an annual event designed to encourage people to use their bikes as a means of transportation. According to the League of American Bicyclists, 40% of all trips in the U.S. are less than two miles, making cycling a feasible, healthy, and fun way to get around! Participating in this ride is a great way to show support for a more bike friendly community, raise awareness of sharing the roads, and promote commuting by bicycle. Adults and children are encouraged to ride in this great event.
Representatives from the police department will be on site to assist participants in completing the necessary paperwork and attach an official bicycle registry serial number sticker. All registration paperwork will be archived in the department database. All members of the community are encouraged to participate in the voluntary program.
The Yukon Police Department's Bicycle Registry program was developed as a tool to assist in the recovery of lost or stolen bicycles in an attempt to return them to their rightful owners.
Location: 500 W Vandament Ave, Yukon, OK 73099
Time: Thursday's through out the summer from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
FREE concert! Bring your lawn chairs and/or blankets and enjoy a fun filled evening of music, food trucks, fun, and community. To learn more about the bands and what food trucks will be at there each Thursday, please click the link associated with the bands name below.
- June 02: Dakota Murillo and the Wild Bunch - Red Dirt
- June 09: Irv Wagner Jazz Combo - Jazz
- June 16: Steve Crossley - Rock & Roll
- June 23: Core Country - Country
- July 07: Big Train and the Loco Motives - Red Dirt Blues
- July 14: Papa Nooch Band - Rock & Roll/Americana
- July 21: Mystery Dates - Rock & Roll Classics
- July 28: OKC Community Band - Classics/Show Tunes
- Aug 04: Champ Devere - Rockin' Country
Location: Chisholm Trail Park 500 W. Vandament Ave. & City Park 2200 S. Holly Ave.
Time: Various Times
Yukon has a long-standing tradition of celebrating Independence Day with a blast. The highlights of the events are the two terrific fireworks shows that rival any in the state. As always, admission is FREE!
On the Freedom Fest agenda are food trucks, contests, kids activities and much more. Giant fireworks shows start at 10 p.m. on July 3 and 4, so bring your family, lawn chairs or blankets, and enjoy!
It’s easy to find Freedom Fest! Simply take I-40 West exit 137, turn left on NW 10th Street, and right onto Holly.
Contact Special Events